French Waffles (Gaufres) Recipe
Updated: Jan 5
This recipe differs from your traditional waffle recipe as it is very egg heavy and doesn't require any baking powder, but requires either a strong arm or mixer. These waffles are light and rich and should work well with any Chicken N Waffle Recipe!
Milk 16oz 500g
Salt .25oz 8g
Butter 3oz 95g
Bread Flour 8oz 250g
Eggs (8 large) 13oz 400g
Turbinado Sugar 1Tblsp 15g
Vanilla Extract 1Tblsp 15g
Cream 8oz 250g
Milk 4oz 125g
1. Combine The milk, salt, and butter in a saucepan. Carefully bring to a boil.
2. Add the flour all at once and stir vigorously Continue to stir until the mixture forms a ball and pulls away from the sides of the kettle.
3. Remove from the heating transfer to the bowl of a mixer. Let cool for 5 Minutes.
4. With the mixer on low speed, add the eggs a little at a time. Wait until each addition is absorbed before adding more.
5. With the mixer continuing to run, slowly pour in the cream, then the milk, the Sugar, and finally the vanilla extract. Don’t worry if the batter is slightly lumpy even after all the milk is added, this is normal. The batter should be slightly thicker than regular waffle batter. If it is much thicker, add a little more milk.
6. Cook in your favorite waffle iron (I used a Belgian waffle iron).